Dr. Richard L. Lindstrom, MD
- Founder and attending surgeon of Minnesota Eye Consultants and Adjunct Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota Department of Ophthalmology.
- Board-certified ophthalmologist and internationally recognized leader in corneal, cataract, refractive, and laser surgery.
- He has been at the forefront of ophthalmology’s evolutionary changes throughout his career as a recognized researcher, teacher, inventor, writer, lecturer, and highly acclaimed physician and surgeon.
Prof. Xing-Huai Sun, MD
- President of Eye & ENT Hospital of Fudan University, chairman and professor of Ophthalmology and Vision Science of Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University.
- Editor of National unified Ophthalmology textbooks, associate chief editor of Chinese Journal of Ophthalmology and editorial board member for over ten Chinese professional journals.
- In the past five years, Professor Sun has been responsible for seven scientific projects with national or ministerial research funding. He has published more than 100 papers and 4 books.
Prof. Sir Peng Khaw, MD
- Director of Moorfields NIHR BRC. Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Professor of Glaucoma and Ocular Healing at the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology. Director of Research and Development at Moorfields Eye Hospital.
- Helped raise grants of over £100 million, including funding for the world’s largest Children’s Eye Hospital and the translational research clinical centre at Moorfields.
- Awarded a knighthood for services to ophthalmology in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Prof. Thomas Samuelson, MD
- Founding partner and attending surgeon of Minnesota Eye Consultants and adjunct professor of ophthalmology at the University of Minnesota. Current president of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- Recipient of the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s Junior and Senior Achievement Awards. Awarded the AAO Lifetime Achievement Award in 2018.
- Contributor to textbooks most studied by residents within the field of ophthalmology. Editor for Ocular Surgery News, the most widely circulated ophthalmology news publication worldwide. Editorial board member and scientific reviewer for several ophthalmology journals.
Prof. Gus Gazzard, MD
- Director of the Glaucoma Service at Moorfields Eye Hospital, Professor in Ophthalmology, Glaucoma Studies at UCL London, a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon (Glaucoma and Cataract).
- Chief Investigator of the LiGHT Trial of Laser Treatment for Glaucoma, a major study into the most effective use of selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT).
- Professor Gazzard is the recipient of the prestigious, competitively awarded “NHS National Silver Merit Award” and is both organiser and lecturer at The Moorfields International Glaucoma Symposium (MIGS).
Prof. Aung Tin, MD
- Professor Aung is a clinician scientist, with clinical practice focusing on glaucoma and research interests in angle closure glaucoma and glaucoma genetics.
- He was co-Head of the SNEC Glaucoma Department from 2008-2017. With >500 publications, Professor Aung has been awarded >US$20 million in competitive research grant funding.
- Member of the Editorial Boards of Ophthalmology, Journal of Glaucoma, Eye, Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, and 6 other journals. He is immediate past President of the World Glaucoma Association and also serves as a Board member of the Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Society and the Asian Angle Closure Glaucoma Club.
Dr. Nate Radcliffe, MD
- Chief Glaucoma Fellow at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.
- Section Director of Glaucoma Services at NYU Hospital, Bellevue Hospital, and the Weill Cornell Medical Center.
- Published over 50 peer-reviewed glaucoma research publications.
- Graduate of Temple University School of Medicine before serving as the Chief Resident during his ophthalmology residency at New York University.
Prof. Dennis Lam, MD
- Chairman, Executive Director and CEO of C-MER Eye Care Holdings Limited, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, which he founded in 2012 and today is valued at US$900M. C-Mer has day surgery centers in Hong Kong and eye hospitals in Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai and Kunming.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology; Secretary General, Academy of Asia-Pacific Professors of Ophthalmology and Asia-Pacific Myopia Society; and Past President of the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology and Asia-Pacific Vitreo-retina Society.
- Successful entrepreneur, respected physician and prolific contributor to multiple ophthalmic societies and scientific journals.
Dr. Sarah Van Tassel, MD
- Director of the Glaucoma Service and Glaucoma Fellowship at Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology.
- Graduated summa cum laude from Duke University. Attended Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City, where she also completed her residency in ophthalmology and completed fellowship in glaucoma.
- Dr. Van Tassel’s research focuses on the latest advances in ocular imaging and their applications to personalized diagnosis and management of glaucoma. Her research has been published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at national conferences, and she has received several academic awards including the Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Fellowship.
Prof. Kuldev Singh, MD
- Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of the Glaucoma Service at the Stanford University School of Medicine. He has published over 200 original peer-reviewed articles, delivered over 350 invited lectures on six continents, edited three textbooks and served on the editorial boards of ten ophthalmic publications.
- Serves as current member of the FDA Advisory Committee on Ophthalmic Devices and as an advisor to the UCSF/Stanford Center for Excellence in Regulatory Science and Innovation (CERSI) which is an FDA funded initiative.
- Singh served as a consultant for the National Space Biomedical Research Institute for which he assisted NASA in solving eye problems related to space travel.
Get our latest news and updates!
Subscribe to receive BELKIN Vision's Newsletter with the latest news and clinical updates.